Managing the Evolution of Our Town
There is so much going on in Berkeley Heights! Let's take a look at all the good things happening in our wonderful town-
- We have been functioning with outdated municipal facilities that do not fit the needs of our community for years and finally, with significant input from our residents, we have a solution – in fact, we have the shovel in the ground!
- We have solutions for major abandoned properties in our town that have negatively impacted the aesthetics of our community for years and accomplished this while successfully settling our affordable housing obligation to preserve our small town feel.
- Berkeley Heights was in jeopardy of losing both our Community Pool and our YMCA and thru creative leadership and partnership – we are keeping both!
- We finally have standardization throughout our town – with paver sidewalks, decorative street lights, banners, stone and brick fronts, hanging flower baskets, and the creation of a BH Brand displayed on welcome and park/field signs
- We created a strategic long-term fiscal plan – that includes both a 5-year strategic capital plan and a 15-year strategic rolling capital roads plan – that previously was not in place.