Outstanding Record of Progress for Berkeley Heights
Let's Keep the Momentum!
Control our taxes
- Municipal taxes 3 year average - 2.31% increase which is $53 per average household-maintaning affordability!
- Berkeley Heights has one of the lowest average property taxes compared to Summit, New Providence and Westfield
- Collaborate with Board of Education, other towns and county for the return of tax dollars to our residents
- Optimize partnerships and collaboration with public and private sectors to fund town initiatives and save tax dollars.
Fix roads and potholes
- Smart road management
- Rolling 15 year capital plan
Maintain fields and parks
- Collaborate with Recreation Commission, DPW and Board of Education to maintain the fields
- New equipment purchased
- Established TruGreen lawn maintenance program for better fields
Build a real sense of community and preserve our small town feel
- Defended our town against state housing mandates by cutting number of new housing units by over 75%
- Building relationships with business and residents
- Restaurant Week, BH Walks and Winter Walk to name a few
Improve Township processes and resident service
- Analyze, develop and institute streamlined processes
- Emphasize good communication to our residents
- Execute responsive customer service